Boss Interlocking Clamp Use
A boss interlocking clamp is the most secure way to install interlocking ground joint type hose couplings. The top of the clamp has fingers that interlock with a ring on the hose couplings. The clamp features 2, 4, or 6 bolts depending on hose diameter. The inside of the clamp shells have serrations that press into the cover of the hose for increased grip. Hose can change in diameters over long term pressurization. The bolted clamp allows for adjustment. Check Torque on these clamps to ensure that the coupling stays tight.
The inside diameter listed must match the hose size, and the hose outside diameter must fall into the range listed. Do not select a clamp that does not match inside diameter of the hose in order to have it fall in the OD range or vice versa.
- Do not replace bolts with standard bolts! Their design is to bend slightly upon installation.
- Do not re-use bolts if they are no longer straight.
- In addition check torque regularly to ensure that the coupling is safely installed.
- Worn-out hose couplings can be dangerous. They should be checked regularly and replace when necessary. Each coupling user should review applications and add safety devices where indicated.
- Pressurized steam is an extremely dangerous commodity. Only hose, fittings, clamps and accessory items that have been approved for steam service should ever be used! Never use an unapproved item for steam service. Always follow the manufacturer’s product recommendations for pressurized steam handling.
- Ensure that the bolts are on the right side of the clamp shell – a tab on the shell lines up with the bolt-head to hold it in place.
Industrial Hose Fittings are mainly suitable in pipe and plumbing systems. To connect straight pipe or tubing sections, to adapt to different sizes or shapes, and to regulate fluid flow. While assuring safe and secure connections.
These fittings can be tiny connectors or extra-large connections for large piping systems. Suitable in a variety of applications such as low-pressure air hose fittings, sandblast, hose clamp fittings for industrial hose, pump fittings. They are also useful for mending hose, attaching the hose to anything that has female NPT thread, such as pipe, cam & groove couplers, trucks, and tanks. These fittings also are perfect for jackhammer hose.
Grand Joint Fittings
Interlocking-Clamp Hose Fittings for Steam also referring to as ground-joint couplings and boss couplings, these fittings are suitable for high-pressure steam heating, humidification, and wash-down applications. Insert the barbed end of the fitting into rubber hose, then position the interlocking clamp over the hose and bolt into place with a torque wrench. The clamp firmly grips the hose as it locks into the ring of the barbed end, creating a leak-tight seal. The interlocking clamps are not reusable. Fittings are strong and durable with fair corrosion resistance.
Our diverse range of Ground Joint Fittings makes the connections that keep your business running. The Ground joint fittings are highly efficient and are using advanced materials and innovative production techniques.
Centre Point Hydraulic maintains the complete inventory of Industrial Hose Fittings in the Middle East and Africa, ready to ship to meet your company’s needs. Furthermore, we can provide you with a free consultation and quotation through +971 4 885 6150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.